Monday, December 22, 2008

Thundercats ho!

I was a huge Thundercats fan as a kids. Watched the cartoons every afternoon after school. (I'd race home, actually.) Had the action figures with my own Grayskull. When I heard they were making a movie, I hoped they were kidding since it made me think of the Master of the Universe movie with Dolph Lundgren and Courtney Cox from the 80's. Tragic. (Just a heads up, a new He-Man movie is being made with the stop-action technology from "300," which might be cool?) So, when I saw this fan-made video of a Thundercats trailer mock-up, I didn't know what to think. Especially since:
1. It features Brad Pitt, Vin Diesel and Hugh Jackman. That's some fuckery there.
2. It steals clips from good sci-fi movies and tv shows (Farscape, LOTR, Pitch Black), which is sacrilege!


The weird part? The trailer actually looks like a movie Hollywood would put together! And it doesn't look that bad!! Check it out:

No comments: