Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wolverine news

Being a superhero and comic book fan, you're exposed to a lot of cheesy plot lines and crappy writing. Comes with the turf. However, sometimes the characters or action keep you hooked and allow you to overlook a lot. The only thing, in my opinion, that sinks superhero entertainment is when it becomes too commercialized and blantantly says, "Look how cool Spiderman is drinking Pepsi." Or, as in this case, when a superhero movie blantantly shoots for a sequel when the original isn't even released. Take a look at the newWolverine trailer for the new X-men movie being released in May 2009. I read X-men comics all of the time as a kid and the Wolverine story and character is amazing. How could they go wrong with this movie, right? I get they had to have Sabertooth look more human for plot reasons and special effects costs. And they seem to be trying to address the Weapons X programs and various characters associated with the X-Men world (Silver Fox, Gambit).

I don't know. I'm just not feeling the trailer or looking forward to the movie. And I usually live for this shit.

No comments: