OK, no one loves sequels to movies. Mostly because they suck and never compare to original movies. And sometimes they suck so bad, they destroy to entire franchise and/or the original flick (Matrix Revolutions, anyone?). Get ready because there's a ton of sequel movies being planned/filmed. Here's a rundown of some high profile projects, for better or for worse:
1. Shreks 4 and 5: Because you're never told old to pimp your kid into watching ogre fart jokes.
2. Jurassic Park 4: Spielberg might continue destroying his franchises (ala Indy Jones and the Crystal Skull) by picking up this tired story-telling again.
3. I Am Legend 2: reversing a plot twist (in this case death) to create a sequel is a classic move. Why not commit fully and make Omega Man 2?
4. Thomas Crown Affair 2: I'm a huge fan of Pierce Brosnan's remake of the original, but shouldn't this have been done years ago when he was young enough to pull it off?
5. Beverly Hills Cop 4: were there 3 movies already made? I'm in shock.