Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!


I got some pie!!

Some 400 years ago, pilgrims sat down with indians Native Americans people indiginous to North America and ate delicious foods, right before giving them blankets with small pox. Isn't it ironic that we now give thanks in rememberance of giving indians disease and killing their people?

Well, the point is, as Americans, we give thanks on this day for all of the blessings we have in life. I must say I'm pretty lucky to have wonderful, healthy and happy people in my life who make me feel wonderful and happy. Note, I didn't say healthy, since I ate like a freaking pig today and am so stuffed all I've eaten since Thanksgiving dinner is tums and water. So worth it though.

For non-Americans, it is a day to drink. In abundance. OK, us Americans do that today too. About the only thing you can't do on today is have sex because most of us feel too fat or too drunk to do so.

No comments: