Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy (early) Valentine's Day


V-day is approaching. Fellas: have you planned accordingly so you don't have to sleep on the couch this weekend? Ladies, have you dropped enough hints?

I'll use this opportunity to redirect you to the PostSecret website, one of my favorites. I find it fascinating that so many regular, ordinary people have so much going on beneath the surface of their life (good and bad). The postcard above is one of the good ones. Personal stories of glee, triumph, pity, sadness and fear.

Anyway, the above one is romantic, just in time for Valentine's Day. It reminds me of the last time I pulled a big, romantic surprise for my wife. I guess when I plan things in secret she always gets suspicious because I "act weird." And she wonders why I don't try to plan more surprises! Making fun of me after the fact isn't encouraging. And if I act weird, why does she keep wanting surprises?

No comments: